March 1, 2015
1. Korah was puffed up because he thought that the pastor
(Moses) was obliged to listen to his opinion.
- Numbers 16:1-3
- offer your suggestions in
humility; when your suggestions are not used just thank The Lord
- being a leader means to take
ordinary things, put them together and produce something great!
2. Korah was
puffed up because he tried to correct a spiritual authority.
wrong is not your right to fix it
someone with a weakness, so that person can deal with His people gently
-Korah felt that
he needed to correct what God missed in Moses
will correct His people
- 1 Peter 5:1-4
February 15, 2015
1. You are
puffed up like Pharaoh when you are overconfident and do not consider other
options and possibilities - 1 Corinthians 4:18-19
You are puffed
like Pharaoh when you are full of delusions.
must always be grateful and always say thank you
- The Word of God helps us not to be
- You must not be so passionate about something
to the extent that you lose what you have
3. We know
Pharaoh was puffed up because he fell from his position as the ruler of a
powerful country to become the ruler of a destroyed and powerless nation
- When you destroy something you don't have
anything to replace it with
- Make it a possibility to be wrong
February 8, 2015
When you don't respect the church or pastors
We have to be careful not to cross spiritual lines; most of the times we
don't even know when we have crossed spiritual lines
1 Corinthians 5
We must not let arrogance and pride
allow us to misuse and abuse sacred things because we must show respect to the
person that is using them
2. When you think God is not
important and the only important things are gold, silver and wood.
If you work for, love
and seek after money, you will find that money is a hard master
3. Belshazzar was puffed up because
he did not learn from his father’s mistakes
Everyone needs 2 examples in life: what to be and what not to be
Daniel 5:18, 22-23
February 1, 2015
Chapter 12- What it means to be puffed up like
1. You are puffed up like Nebuchadnezzar when you do not
listen to warnings from your pastors and prophets
2. You are puffed up like Nebuchadnezzar when you think
that your achievements have been by your own efforts Daniels 4:30
1 Corinthians 15:10
when you use the grace that God has given you and not remain lazy
3) We know Nebuchadnezzar was puffed up
because he fell from his position and lived with the beasts of the field
January 25, 2015
You need to remain humble to walk with God.
1. God resists proud people.
When you’re proud you set God up against you. James 4:6
2. God gives grace to humble people. Philippians 2:13Grace is God’s help that you didn’t qualify for but He gives to you .Luke 16:12
3. Humble yourself so that you will be covered and protected. 1 Peter 5:5.
People who walk in pride are attractive to demons.
January 18, 2015
Formula For Humility - 7 Reasons Why
You Should Humble Yourself
Humble yourself because God resist the proud. James
2) God gives grace to humble people. Luke 16:12
3) You will be lifted up to the next level in life
1 Peter 5:6
Psalm 1: 1-3
Humble yourself before The Lord so that you will be covered and
1 Peter 5:5
5) Humble yourself because your pride will lead to destruction,
your fall and shame
Proverbs 29:23; 16:18; 11:2
6) Humble yourself in the sight of The Lord because pride is
essentially satanic and demonic
7) Humble yourself in the sight The Lord because your pride will
make you an abomination to God
January 4, 2015
1. There is a difference between those who serve God and those who do not. Mal 3:18
2. Serving the LORD with joy and gladness of heart will result in the abundance of all things - Deut 28:47
- Psalm 122:1 - I was glad when they said unto me, 'Let us go into the house of the LORD.'
- Psalm 100:1-2 Make a joyful noise... Serve the LORD with gladness, come before the His presence with singing
- Deut 28:37-46 - curses of not serving the LORD with joy and gladness of heart
January 1, 2015
- God has called us to serve Him! That is the main focus of the church.
- It is important to learn how to enter the blessing that is upon this house
2 Tim 2:1 - Be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus
- Mal 3:8-18
- one way to be blessed by God is by paying the tithe
- it is a mistake feel or think 'it is in vain that we have served the LORD'
- a true believer must not insist on any particular blessing that they will be offended if it does not come
-v18 in the long run, LORD differentiates between those who serve Him and those who do not
December 28, 2014
- Luke 17:12-19 - of the 10 lepers that Jesus healed, only one, a Samaritan (foreigner) returned to thank Him.
- When God has done something for you, He expects you to return to Him to say Thank You!
- Let the redeemed of the LORD say so Psalm 107:2
- We have all been given one chance. We didn't ask for it, but we have been blessed with LIFE.
- Isa 48:17 - God is the one who causes things to work out for us
- Receive things you have been given with gratefulness and especially when they are not all you would have wished for
- James 4:13-15 - Constantly acknowledge God's will in your life.
December 25, 2014
The word 'baby' is a descriptive word for something small. e,g, baby steps, baby car, etc
When God has a baby, it refers to small beginnings
Many of God's purposes and plans begin small.
Matt 13:31 - God's way often includes taking something that is insignificant and small and growing it to the full effect.
3 Characteristics of God's Babies
1. They may not have an impressive beginning
- Luke 2:11-14 - in swadling cloths in a manger
- A new church is God's baby.
- It is a mistake to judge the baby by their size and the manger residence
2. It is a privilege to be invited to attend to that baby
- Matt 2:8-15 - Herod was not invited tp worship the baby, as the wise and the shepherds
- Whatever sacrifice you have to make to attend to God's baby, it is worth it
3. Wise men see the blessing in the invitation and they come to worship the baby
- Matt 2:1-12
- The wise deploy their gift with the baby. They invest themselves into it and do not hold back.
- The baby of the LORD grows and becomes a blessing to all.